Friday 1 November 2013

Interview - artist Mateo Guerrero




DC Comics' Artist Mateo Guerrero talks about his experiences for working on the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe -comic Ongoing Issue #3.



Hi Mr. Guerrero. Can you tell us a little about yourself?


Hello. My name is Mateo Guerrero, and I am a comic-book artist from Spain. I have worked for companies of Spain, France and U.S.A
















How long have you been working in comics?

I published my first comic-book at 1994 in Spain. I drew comic-books in three limited series of WarLands for DreamWave along 2001-2002 with Adrian Tsang and Brian Augustyn. After that I have focused my work in the french market, where I have drawn and written several series, as BEAST, DRAGONSEED and TURO.




Did you watch the Filmation 'He-Man' cartoon or own the 'Masters of the Universe' toys by Mattel?

Yes, I enjoyed them a lot. And the 2002 series too!I was a great fan of the toys when I was a kid. I owned more than 35 figures and the 3 castles. ;-)


Who is your favourite character from MOTU?

Man-At-Arms. I am really lucky that I have drawn.





Recently you did Sequential Illustrations to Ongoing MOTU comic Issue #3 from DC Comics. How did you land that opportunity?

I had already worked for the publisher of the comic-book on another Project, and he thought that my work was appropiate for helping them with the deadlines.


You draw a great looking He-Man! Was there any special inspiration in how you illustrated him?

Thanks a lot!

I played with the image that I keep from my infancy.





In your pages you also got to draw Roboto. How did you approach him? (I noticed he is missing the gears inside his chest)


I followed the previous pages of the comic-book. If I mistaked, I am really sorry about that.This is not a character easy to be drawn.



How did you like drawing Masters of the Universe and would you like to do it again?

Yes, that is for sure!

What comic-projects are you working on now?

I am drawing a new series for LE LOMBARD, the belgium company.The series is called “Gloria Victis” and it will be published in 2014.


Where can people find you and your art?

It is easy. I publish in the french market. I have several books published here.

And you can find me in FB and my blog: http://mateoguerrero.blogspot.com.es

I think that you can find a lot of my books in amazon too.

Thank you very much for the attention.





Interview by Jukka Issakainen - November 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment